Have you found a lost pet? Here’s how to help:
1. Go to our Facebook page, Lost and Found Pets of Grant County, Wa.
- Go to "Topics" and choose "Lost/Missing"
2. If the pet is not listed, please post the following to the page:
- Photo of the found pet, if possible
- Pet’s basic description (if no photo is available – breed or size/color). Try to keep the sex held back as well as color of the collar...something the owner will have to identify in order to claim the pet
- Location where found
- Contact info (name and other means to contact whoever has the pet)
3. By now you have likely already secured the pet safely, however, you will need to decide your next course of action. Do you want to hold temporarily, foster, take to a nearby shelter, contact a rescue to foster or request an animal control officer pick up the animal (depending on location and availability)? First though, please have the pet scanned for a microchip. You can call us at 509-289-2706 for help, or try your local veterinarian, police department or animal shelter for help.
4. Call MACC Dispatch at 509-762-1160. Give a description of the pet and location found; ask if anyone has called in a missing pet and request the description be forwarded, along with your contact information, to the animal control officer in that jurisdiction. Advise where the pet will be held and provide that contact information, if different than yours.
5. Call Grant County Animal Outreach at 509-762-9616 and any other local shelters. Give a description of the pet. Ask if they’ve received any inquiries, leave your name and phone number so they can call you if a matching inquiry comes in. Offer to email or message them a photo. Leave the same information if you get their voicemail. Call back during hours of operation and check daily, if necessary.
6. Check any other social media sites where people can post lost/missing pets.
Find more information on our Facebook page, Lost and Found Pets of Grant County, Wa.